Changing the file permissions
For your CGI programs to run, it must be executable by your Internet server.
Therefore, you must set the permissions so the server can read or execute your
files, which usually means making your CGI programs world executable.
To change the permissions on a File/Directory, follow these steps -
- In the remote pane, select a file/directory
- Right click on the remote pane and choose "Change Permissions" or
Choose "Remote System | Change Permissions" from the menu bar.
- When you do this, a "Change Permissions" dialog box will be opened as
- Select the Read, Write, or Execute options for each group (Owner, Group
and Public ) and Press OK.
- The pemissions of the file/directory will be changed.
Not all FTP servers support this command. If an FTP server does not support
this command, you will see a message "Command not understood" or "Unsupported
command" in the status window, when you try to change the permissions.